We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer who, along with our excellent development team, will be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed by our company. Duties will include but are not limited to developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing our software programming initiatives. You will also be working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field is required. You will also need at least two to five years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in a related field to be successful in this role.
- Serve as a Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) contributing to the efforts of his/her team members, both internal and external.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing knowledgebase and reusable modules and components of the company.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the software stack.
- Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Remain updated on new technologies and available vendor packages; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing.
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
- Collaborate with his/her team members to identify and fix technical problems.
- Attend and contribute to company development meetings.
- Learn the company’s and customer’s codebase and improve oneself and team’s programming skills.
- Monitor the technical performance of internal systems.
- Gather information from customers about program functionality and translating them into technical and functional requirements for his/her team.
- Create Technical Implementation Documents as well as other technical documents relevant to the project at hand.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the management that is beneficial to the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or any related field.
- 2 to 5 years of computer science or engineering experience.
- Familiarity with at least any of the ff: Node.js, express.js, mongodb, php laravel, MS SQL Server, FE, vue.js.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle.